Last Updated: October 23, 2023
This policy informs you about how NextNav, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “NextNav“) with its headquarters at 1775 Tysons Blvd, Tysons, VA 22102, in its capacity as the data controller pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR) (hereinafter “we” or “us”) might process your personal data.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and therefore process your personal data in accordance with the legal requirements.
- when you visit and browse our websites or social media platforms, including www.nextnav.com (hereinafter the “site”), including if you make any requests via our contact field on the site,
- when you contact us and we communicate with you to answer your questions or other requests,
- in case you receive our newsletter or are addressee of any of our other marketing measures,
- in case you use our services, directly or through a third-party provider,
- if you are current, prospective, or former employee, consultant, contractor, or vendor of NextNav.
1. Personal data collected
The personal data that may be processed differs depending on the situation in which we process it.
When visiting and browsing the site, we process your IP address, the browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type and identifiers. We might process your location data if you provide your consent for this. We also process the personal data you provide via the contact field on the site. Therefore, please note to provide only the personal data that is necessary to respond to your request and, above all, do not provide any personal data of third parties without their consent.
When you contact us via e-mail, telephone, letter or any other means of telecommunication and we communicate with you to answer your questions or other requests, we process your first name, your surname, if you are acting as an employee, the name of your employer and your address depending on the channel you’ve chosen for communication. We also process the personal data you provide to us in your respective request. This might include a processing of your professional data such as your profession, your degree(s), and your work experience, in case you apply to us for employment reasons. We may also record telephone conversations that you have with our customer services or helpdesk, for purposes of quality management.
In case you sign up to our newsletter, we process your email address and/or phone numbers, that might contain your name, surname and/or your employer. If you enter a contract to our services, we may process your company name, an individual’s first name or surname, contact details such as e-mail address, postal address, landline or cell phone number, the name of the company or your employer. as well as financial information such as credit and debit card numbers.
If you directly or indirectly through a third-party use our services through any device or applications, we may process your location, IMEI, IMSI, MDN, IP address, and other similar information.
2. Whose personal data we process
We process personal data of
- site visitors,
- persons who subscribed to our newsletter,
- persons contacting us via means of telecommunication, incl. for employment applications,
- employees of our customers or suppliers
- customers of our customers
- users of services of our customers
- current, prospective, or former employees, consultants, contractors, or vendors.
3. Purposes of processing
To provide our services, we only process the data necessary to provide our services and improve our services. . This data will not be sold to third parties.
When visiting and browsing the site, your personal data will be processed to enable us to compile statistics that then enable us to ensure the functions of the website. If you provided your consent, we use your personal data for marketing reasons.
In case you contacted us to answer a request or for employment reasons, we process your personal data to respond to your request or to process your application for a job vacancy.
We process your personal data to send our newsletters and to provide other marketing services.
When we enter into contracts with you or your employer, we process your data for purposes of negotiating, performing and/or enforcing such contract.
4. Legal bases for data processing (as controller)
For sending newsletters and other marketing measures, we rely on your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR, Art. 6 (1) lit. a UK GDPR or on Art. 13 (2) of the EU E-Privacy Directive.
When you contact us for requests (including employment applications) and when you use our services, we process your personal data to communicate with you and to fulfil your or our contractual obligations pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR / Art. 6 (1) lit. b UK GDPR.
When you visit and browse the site, we use your personal data based on our legitimate interest to ensure the website functions pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR / Art. 6 (1) lit. f UK GDPR.
To fulfil our legal obligations, e.g., towards public authorities, we act pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR / Art. 6 (1) lit. c UK GDPR.
5. Recipients of your personal data
Your personal data is intended for:
- NextNav’s authorized internal services.
- Where applicable, to service providers responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with NextNav’s instructions (development, hosting and maintenance service providers for the site, suppliers of the statistical analysis solution for cookies and tracers, etc.).
- NextNav’s customers who use our services and would be the controllers of any processing of data within that relationship.
- In accordance with the laws and regulations in force, your personal data may also be transmitted to the competent authorities, at their request.
As different functions within the NextNav Group are being performed by different entities of the Group, your data may be shared with other entities within the Group than the one entity which has collected the data or to which you have made the data available.
Apart from these cases, your personal data will not be transferred or made accessible to any third party, subject to any restructuring of NextNav, including its total or partial transfer.
6. Retention period and deletion of personal data
Your personal data will be kept only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and in compliance with current regulations.
Personal data processed as part of the contact process via the form on the site is kept for one (1) year from the last contact between you and NextNav unless your consent is withdrawn.
7. Transfer outside the European Economic Area and the UK
Your personal data collected and processed by NextNav may be transferred outside the EEA and the UK.
In the event of a transfer of personal data outside the EEA and the UK, NextNav will take appropriate safeguards, including contractual guarantees, to ensure the protection of your data and compliance with applicable regulations on the protection of personal data. Those safeguards depend on the countries where your personal data might be transferred to and can be found on the website of the European Commission.
8. No profiling
NextNav does not perform profiling or similar types of actions.
9. Your personal data protection rights
You have a right of access to your personal data, the right to request rectification, erasure, or portability, as well as the right to request limitation of processing and to withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation. You also have the right to object at any time, to processing based on NextNav’s legitimate interests.
These rights may be exercised by contacting us at the following email address: [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority concerning the processing of your personal data.
10. Data Protection Officer