Challenge: Vertical Geolocation and Automated Reporting
How do you meet the FCC requirement to add an accurate height for each AP in your network and maximize the AP power of operation with a cost effective solution that does not involve manual surveys or truck rolls?
Solution: NextNav Pinnacle
NextNav’s Pinnacle vertical location service is the industry leader in providing accurate height information for a variety of applications.
- Height generation using real-time pressure data from standard barometric sensors in devices
- Simple integration of Pinnacle API to get height above ground information
- Vertical location accuracy already proven in FCC and CTIA independent testing
- Currently used for vertically locating first responders by FirstNET and users to meet FCC 911 z-axis regulation
Benefits for WiFi Access Point Operators
- Automate the height reporting of APs to AFCs by integrating a barometric sensor and using Pinnacle API
- Pinnacle API provides height above ground information out-of-the-box at 95% confidence per FCC regulation – ready to report as-is with AFCs
- Real-time height generation enables flexible deployments and reducing installation complexity
- Eliminates need to manually and/or statically survey the height of AP installs – reducing error and cost
- Allows for detection if an AP is moved after installation – reducing regulatory risk